When & Where: June 12, 2021 @ The Chapel; Q: Atomic; PAX: Grizzly, Ranger, Duchess, Hawkeye, 007, StarLord, Canvas, Polish, Buckeye, Jolt, Decaf, Rookie, McQueen, Summertime, Aria, & FNG Viking!
Disclaimer: I am not a trained professional!! Work at your comfort level and modify as needed.
The Thang: We jammed out to Queen’s greatest hits! For the duration of each song, we targeted one muscle group with 2-3 different exercises:
- Hammer to Fall – Warm-up: Jog in place, dynamic agilities, & stretch
- I Want to Break Free – Side Shuffle & Squat-Lunge-Squat-Lunge
- Under Pressure – Scissor Abs, Russian Twists, Eagle Crunches
- Don’t Stop Me Now – Plyo Jax, scissor step into lunge
- Radio Ga Ga – Cross Climbers, No hand get-ups, starfish abs
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love – Toe taps, Monkey & Gorilla Humpers
- Fat-Bottomed Girls – Crickets, Single-step push-ups, Upright Bicycles
- We Will Rock You – Hold sumo squat w/ squat pulses
- Killer Queen – Tricep push-ups, shoulder burnout
- A Kind of Magic – Single leg isolated lunges and curtsey lunge
- Bicycle Race – Upright & Regular Bicycles
- Another One Bites the Dust – grab a friend and one person runs while the other does burpees
- We are the Champions – Hold plank
- Somebody to Love – cool down lap and stretch
Inspiration: The great Freddie Mercury once said: “I love that fact that I can make people happy, in any form. Even if it’s just an hour of their lives, if I can make them feel lucky or make them feel good, or bring a smile to a sour face, that to me is worthwhile.”
Small actions and interactions throughout the day can make or break someone else’s day. I challenge you to spread positivity by doing one small act of kindness or mouth a kind word to one stranger today. You might just bring a smile to a sour face.